Saturday, December 10, 2011

Encouragement - Gift & Call Irrevocable

I would be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time someone said something to discourage me from something I really wanted to do.  Yep, at some point and time I've wanted to do almost everything ... but as you may know, there was always someone around to say "You can't do that."

I was thinking today about why I don't write more, and it came to mind about the time a few years ago, an old friend (or thought was a friend) asked "Oh, you going to air your dirty laundry?" after telling her I was writing. I was somewhat shocked and started defending my purpose for writing.

When I write, I'm always drawn to write my personal story, not as a venting session, but as a way to collect the events as well as my progress in hopes that it might be helpful for someone else. My heart’s desire is to help others understand ... if I had only understood, I wouldn't have made a great deal of the mistakes I've made.  I also write about my story to give God the glory. Sometimes bad things are allowed (the Bible story about the blind man who was born blind) so that God can work a miracle and He can receive ALL the glory (circumstances where it is impossible with men including doctors).

So, here's a word of encouragement ... tune out anything that doesn't agree with what you believe in your heart you should do. Avoid people who tell you you'll never be able to do something, or you'll never be better than someone else ... there is NO contest going on with your purpose in life.  Your purpose can't be compared to someone elses and NO ONE else can fullfill your purpose.  Someone might be assigned to do a task that God wants done (when HE wants it), but God never revokes your gifts or purpose from you.

Romans 11: 29 - For God's gifts and His call are irrevocable.

2 comments:

  1. Had a coworker ask me why I wanted to write a book. Talk about not being able to answer that in 5 words or less! I'll work on my elevator pitches.

    I also had another person ask how much money this stuff was bringing in. *sigh* If only that was the sum-total of the purpose of what I do... a number would be easy enough.

    Right on, Mom - write on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, and let me know what your 5 word pitch is ... that's a challenge for sure! Good grief ... just tell them, well when it does come in, I won't be talking with you!!! Thanks for being so punny too :-) ... I will write on ... you too my son.

    ReplyDelete